Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

And So Our Story Begins...

Let it be known: this is my first attempt at blogging.

I decided to create this blog on a whim. I've never been one for journaling or anything of the like. I've tried to keep a journal on two occasions. Both were monumental failures. However, I live in a very technological world. Maybe this medium will be better suited to me. Let's give it a try.

I am creating this chronicle as a record of what I deem to be my lifelong quest: the search for Truth. Truth is truly the most elusive thing on the face of the planet. It is difficult to recognize, painful to hear, and hesitantly spoken. As humans, we aren't fond of truth. It is biased, hard, and never a matter of opinion. In other words, everything human society doesn't want to be.

I have often said that I would rather be hurt by the Truth than protected by a lie. I truly believe this. As hard as it can be, I don't want a modified version of anything. Give it to me straight. I can take it. Now, let me clarify something: I've been lied to many times, and I've told my share of lies. That's what it is to be human. I'm talking more about the truths of life and faith. Those are the truths I crave.

The title of this blog (for those of you who don't know Latin) is "In the Name of Truth".  My goal with this is to explore life, and find the Truth in it all. I won't always have the answers, and will likely end up with more questions than I started with. I encourage you (assuming anyone actually reads this) to take this journey with me. Ask questions. Don't accept everything you hear or see. Search for the Truth in everything.

"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free."  John 8:32

Strength and Peace be with you, and all for His Truth.

The Wayfaring Stranger

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wayfaring Stranger,

    I strongly approve of this new whim of yours.
    So far, I enjoy your writing.
    Keep it up?

    Sincerely,
    Queen of the Owls
    (you know it's true)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wayfaring Stranger,

    I agree with the Queen of the Owls. Also, check out my blog (and all its majesty!)

    Sincerely,
    Your Mexican

    ReplyDelete