Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Life Begins at the Intersection

Let it be known: First, I am writing this to avoid writing my Comm II final paper. Also, I am listening to Acappella and drinking tea, so life is VERY good.

The title of this post comes from one of my favorite songs by Switchfoot, a song called "Faust, Midas, and Myself". It deals with deciding how you're going to live life, and what priorities you are going to have, and just being overcome with uncertainty about direction. The line comes as a powerful declaration after repeatedly asking, "What direction?"

You know that feeling when you read a verse, and it just speaks to you, giving you exactly what you need right here and now? Yeah, I found one, and it's ironically one of my favorite verses, that simply hadn't occurred to me. In Jeremiah 29:11-13, it says the following: ‎"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek my with all your heart." 


See, life takes all kinds of twists and turns, it's practically a maze! Fortunately, this verse reveals a few truths:


First: There is ALWAYS a plan. Whatever happens, God always has a plan for each one of us. Wherever we end up, there is a reason for it, and a finish that is for the glory of God.


Second: God is always listening. No cry goes unheard, no prayer unanswered, no praise unaccepted. Lay your burdens on the Lord, and he will lighten them. Although the outcome may not be what you think it should be, or what you'd like it to be, but it is always for the best.


Third: God will reveal himself to those who seek him fully. God's will becomes clearer the less we burden ourselves with worldly desires and cares. The less we focus on what we want, the better able we are to see His will and plan.


Well, I've said my peace, and a paper calls. School's almost over, and I couldn't be happier!


Grace and Peace be yours in abundance,
The Wayfaring Stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment