Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Zombie? Yeah, I am one.

Let it be known that I am writing this on one hour of sleep. I am not responsible.

Sorry I've been down for so long. The last week has been... hectic. The term "Dead Week" does, in fact, mean the following:

The point of this week is to ensure that you are dead by the end of it... in time for finals.

I have found the one similarity between college and high school: as the end of a term of study approaches, the instructor realizes, "Oh crap. I have failed to convey every little bit of knowledge that my students need to know in the time allotted. There is only one solution to my dilemma..."

"CRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And so a few weeks' worth of studies is crammed into two days. As such, brains melt. Hence the phenomenon known as the "college zombie".

Spawned by a combination of overworked mental capacities, lack of sleep, and terribly junky foods, the college zombie is a being devoted to a single cause: go to classes... then die. College zombies don't interact with each other, except rare social interactions on the internet, i.e. the Facebook site. College zombies, however, can be cured, unlike normal zombies. The cure comes in the form of a prolonged period of rest, what is known as "break". This is the Mecca of a college student. Some doubt it exists.

I am happy to say, I am done with finals (with the exception of juries) so recovery is in motion. I may return to stabbing people in Renaissance-era Italy. Yay!

That's all I got, folks. Hope you all survive.

Grace and Peace be yours in abundance,
The Wayfaring Stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment